Thursday, August 26, 2010

I LOVE yard sales!

I will admit that I am thrifty... okay some might call it cheap but I love getting a good deal. A good percentage of my kids toys, books and my house decorations come from yard sales. I hate paying full price for things! One of my best finds of the season was this beauty.... I got it for $5! It only worked in one gear but it was in PERFECT condition. Well Jack rode it for a day or two before it bit the dust. Enter Grandpa Lee.... a new gear box was bought and the Hummer is as good as new. Jack has spent countless hours on this thing along with his trusty co pilot Ella Rose. As soon as his eyes open he wants to ride it and will ride it all day long until the battery needs recharged. Overall it cost with the new gear box around $45.00. A steal if you ask me since new they are over $250! Just watch out... my toes have been run over several times and it HURTS! And this baby gets going fast so if you see him coming.... get out of the way! I've taught her well... never leave on a road trip without a soda for the road! They love to drive to the garden and pick tomatoes and pretend they've been to the grocery store! And these were all literaly taken at the crack of dawn... notice the hair and outfits... but Jack starts begging to go out and ride it the minute he wakes up!

3 comments:

Jenny Griffin said...

LOVE them and MISS them.

I want to come over and play with the new jeep.

J♥M said...

Oh my gosh Katie! These are the best pictures ever! Your little princess can come share a Diet Coke with me anytime!!! I remember good times with my little brother in one of those, but a Jeep and yeah, fun nonstop til the battery died! Grandpa's are awesome! I wish I saw deals like that at yard sales! I end up at the ones that are trying to sell their stuff at antique prices! So sorry about your run over toes! What a fun fun toy!!!!

The Sutherland Family said...

That is so cute! You always find the best stuff- you are so lucky!