Well this last week has been a crazy one. Luckily Ryan returns from China today and we can't wait to have him back home. He was very relieved that he found a KFC nearby because he was worried about what he was going to eat all week. He isn't much of a fan of authentic chinese food. His idea of chinese food is Orange chicken from Panda Express! I have only got to talk to him couple of times while he was there so it should be interesting to hear his stories of the trip when he gets home. Jack is feeling much better. The poor little guy had a rough week but, I've had the best nights of sleep since he was born thanks to Benadryl and Tylenol. He has decided that he likes to butt heads now and let me tell you from experience my head is no match for his hard plastic helmet! It almost brought tears to my eyes this morning when he thought that would be fun to do to his mom while I was burping him! The highlight of the whole week happened yesterday when baby Oakland was born. My sister Mandy had him last night around 6 'O Clock. Unfortunately he wasn't due until April so his poor little lungs weren't developed quite enough yet! They had to put him on a ventilator and have him transferred to the University hospital. He weighs 5 lbs 12 ounces and is 18 inches long. He looks so tiny compared to Jack who was almost 9 pounds and 21 inches long when he was born! I told my sister that Oakland better buck up and gain some pounds because Jack will be beating him up in no time! But he is so cute with all his dark hair and I can't wait to get to hold him. We have been told today that he is already improving and has been taken off the ventilator so hopefully he won't have to stay long in the hospital! Seeing that sweet little baby made me realize how quickly my own monster has grown! (I don't have any pictures of Oakland yet so I had to settle for one of when Jack was a newborn! :)
Friday, February 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Good thing Ry Ry didn't find a wingers in China or he would have stayed longer
This is Duane.....don't you mean Oakland is sooo freakin cute?
Post a Comment