So today was the big day and all that fretting and worrying about the surgery was pretty much for nothing. She did great and was so brave. I am so proud of her and I am keeping my fingers crossed that these will really help her! We were scheduled for surgery at 9 am so of course that meant they got started around 10 and boy was she angry by this point that we had forgotten to feed her and make her bottle. It was pretty much a full on kicking screaming fit by this point. Luckily though, I think she had a crush on the anesthesiologist because as soon as he picked her up to take her away, she just stared at him and completely stopped crying. (Way to go Ella, make sure you pick the ones with money!) I was very relieved that she calmed down because it was much easier for me to see her walk away happy than it would have been to watch her kick and scream the whole way down the hall!
On the way to the hospital she was happy as a clam and had NO idea what was coming for her!
We spent a lot of time enjoying the waiting areas!
All suited up and ready to go! All the nurses were super nice to her and couldn't stop saying how cute she was although I think she looked just like her brother in that blue hospital gown! The surgery only lasted about 10 minutes and it wasn't long before she was back in my arms showing us just what her lungs were made of!
Overall, it wasn't that bad and I just hope it was the right decision for her and that she will see some positive benefits really soon!
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
The Dreaded Tubes
Posted by Ry, Katie, Jack and Ella too! at 12:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I'm glad it went well and hope you can get some more restful nights :).
I'm so glad that it went well and that it's over now! Tenaya was my one with tubes and they were a real miracle! I hope she feels much better now!
I am so glad all went well. She is such a cutie!! I am sure now she will be a much happier little girl and be a better sleeper for you :) Give her a big hug for me.Here is too a speedy recovery, Ella!
Glad to hear things went well. Hopefully she sleeps a little better from now on!
Post a Comment