Thursday, October 21, 2010

Little Monkey



This happened a couple of weeks ago but looking back it was quite funny so I thought I should write it down so I don't forget. Jack was at school and Ella and I were running errands. I was making dinner for a neighbor and needed a few more ingredients so I ran into Wal-Mart quickly to grab them. I only had about 20 minutes before I had to be there to pick Jack up from school so I was really trying to hurry. We had only been in the store less than 5 minutes and Ella already started whining. I was hurrying to grab all my produce and rushed on over to the lettuce display. She continues to whine but I know she is securely buckled into the basket so I ignore her and continue looking at the bags of lettuce looking for the freshest looking lettuce. (I think Wal-Marts' produce always looks bad! Anyways...) All of the sudden I turn my head back to the cart just as Ella goes tumbling over the side.... it was like slow motion.... although with lettuce in hand I couldn't quite catch her. Don't worry though she fell over the side.... directly into the entire display of lettuce and then sort of rolled off again in slow motion onto the floor. I almost started to laugh out loud because it was funny and I knew she wasn't hurt. She started crying her best I'm so embarrassed cry as I scooped her and all the lettuce back up off the floor and continued on our way. Lesson learned.... the belt buckle in the shopping cart is not secure enough to ensure my monkey doesn't escape.

2 comments:

Kenna said...

Given that she didn't get hurt that is funny- I can just see her tumbling into the lettuce. Jaylee took a header out of the cart at WalMart once when she was little. It was super embarassing because I felt like a winner of a mother and they wouldn't let me go until the manager came and checked her over. Wouldn't it be nice if they'd just stay where they're supposed to!

J♥M said...

I am so happy to hear that there was no blood! Glad that she is ok. I am so sorry that it happened to you! Kyler is known to tip our cart over and pin his sisters down. Why have I never written about that?