Thursday, January 27, 2011

My Jacker Man...

They are growing up way too fast so I wanted to take a minute and write a few things about how much I love them and the stages they are in right now!
(photo stolen from Julie.... blurry but I love it!)

Oh boy what can I say about this monster.... I just love him (most of the time)! He is such a jokester and I can't believe half the stuff he comes up with most of the time. Most days are filled with the following conversation happening about 75 times...
Jack-"Mom, can I just ask you a question..."
Me-"what bud.."
Jack-"I just love you so much!"
Me- "Love you too..."
Jack- "no, I really just love you so much!"
Cute right... then in the next breath he will call me stinky mom or tell me not to back talk him... so it's short lived but it's sweet while it lasts!
He is loving school and asks me EVERYDAY if it is school day... it could perhaps be that Grandma picks him up from school once a week so he really is just excited to go to Grandma Nette's house.... but at least it gets him happily going to preschool!
He watches everything and soaks it all in... even when you think he is paying no attention he really is. Ryan and I will be having a conversation in the car and Jack will be in the back seat watching a movie with headphones blaring and he will suddenly pipe in and start talking about what we are discussing. My favorite time is when we are discussing (quietly) if we should go do something he would find fun and he will just immediately put his own two cents into the conversation even though we think there is NO WAY he could be hearing what we are saying!

He has the most efficient internal alarm clock I have ever seen. He wakes promptly at the same time EVERY morning and on most mornings then showers on his own (we turn the water on for him) while Ryan and I attempt to wake up for the day!

Some of his nicknames right now... Jacker man, Cracker, Jack Rabbit, Buggie, Handy Andy and according to him... His cousin Taylor calls him Freak!

He is a firecracker and he keeps us VERY BUSY but I love that my days are never boring or quiet and he keeps my budget in check because he is impossible to take shopping ANYWHERE!

We love you cracker man.... attitude and all!

1 comments:

Kenna said...

Rigdon and I have almost the same conversation multiple times a day too.
"Mom?"
"What?"
"I so love you!"
Maybe they know it's for their own good that they butter us up a little.