Thursday, January 27, 2011

My Little Missy...

(photo courtesy of Julie..... we were on her favorite ride at Disneyland!)

I can't believe how rapidly we are approaching my little babies second birthday! It seriously makes me sad that they are growing up so quickly! Everyday she learns new things and is talking so much more. One of my favorite things she has started doing lately is when you pick her up she will put you in a slight headlock and give you a big squeeze. Seriously it melts my heart everytime.... she totally has me wrapped around her finger. I look back at when Jack was her age and we expected SO MUCH MORE from him because he was already a big brother and he just seemed so much older. (I do feel a tad bit guilty about that one!) Ella could get away with anything pretty much because she is just too darn sweet to do anything about it let alone try to discipline her! Unfair I know but for some reason it just seems like Jack needed more discipline at this age.... and partially because I feel sorry for her that her brother is so mean to her most of the time that I don't really get all that angry when she finally gets back at him! :)
Her nicknames right now... Melsa Moo-Sister Sue, Melsy or Melsa, Smella, and of course, Little Missy.
My favorite things she is saying...
When she burps she says "scuse me"
If she runs into me or she is in trouble she will tell me in the sweetest little voice...."I sorry mom" (see why she's hard to discipline!)
She will ask me "Where's Dada?" and before I can even answer she will tell me "he work!"
She loves the little neighbor girl and will all day long ask me "Where's Hay?" and then she will reply with the same answer I always give her to get her to stop asking me about it... "she's sleeping!"
She loves her uncle Nate and if she doesn't know your name she will just call you Nate.
One of her friends names is Maddy and Ella is convinced that her name is MANNY just like her favorite show Handy Manny. Oh and speaking of Handy Manny... there is a little hispanic guy that works at Wal-Greens and Ella always (Very Loudly Might I Add) points at the poor guy and says MANNY!
Luckily, most people still can't understand a thing she says!
I just love her so much!
*** I forgot to add but thought I should mention is how happy Ella wakes up after her naps...Okay actually she is an emotional wreck upon waking and you would have to see it with your own eyes to believe it! I think every person in the LAX airport was wishing and hoping they were not on her flight when she displayed her finest emotional breakdown EVER while we were trying to get through security after she was awakened from a shot nap on the bus! She can really let herself get out of control and she is sight to see when she is in this fine mood! (I was reminded of this as she is screaming and rolling around on the floor after waking up from her nap... and no there is nothing you can do to console her... she just has to get it out of her system!!)

0 comments: