I picked up some pirate party plates awhile ago on clearance and I hoped I could convince Jack that he wanted to have a pirate birthday party. In early August I started talking up how fun a pirate party would be and lucky for me he took the bait and was eager to have a pirate party! It was so much fun putting it together and I can't believe how many great ideas you can get from the internet for a party! It probably would have been way cheaper to just head to Chuck E Cheeses but he had so much fun and honestly I did too. We happened to be in Idaho this year for his birthday so we decided to have his party at my mom's house. On his actual birthday he was able to head to the cabin for the day with his Dad and Grandpa which he thought was really cool. It also worked out great because I was able to get everything ready for the big party. We had a treasure hunt, played pin the treasure on the map and even had a visit from a real live PIRATE! Grandpa Lee was such a trooper and worked all day rounding up his costume to make his surprise visit! The kids loved following him all around on the treasure hunt! We had so much fun and I hope he knows how much I love him and love to spoil him rotten!
Grandma Myrna and Grandpa Knute even came for the party!
He loves his "wife" Ainslee. Whenever she would ask what he wanted for his birthday he would smile and say "just you!"


The pirate crew... Emma, Okie, Cooper, Jack and Ella
Arrrrggghhhh Matey..... she really got into it and was super cute!

When we got home we did even MORE celebrating and we were able to go bowling and to play laser tag with the rest of the family. Grandma and Grandpa Paxman also spoiled him rotten (do we see a theme here?) and let him choose what he wanted to do to celebrate his day. He chose bowling but most importantly wanted to go play laser tag. The whole family joins in and Ella and Jack both love to play it! And, I wasn't thinking and didn't even bring my camera so no pictures but definitely memories!
Thanks everyone for loving Jack and making him feel so special and important!
.




2 comments:
Uh, is that Grandpa Lee's belly button? So funny- what a guy!
What cute Matey's! You're definitely a great party planner! Love it!
Post a Comment