
So this year we decided to head out for spring break to somewhere warm. My Mom works for the college so she gets the same week off that I got so we loaded the car and hit the road. My nephew Colton and Niece Ainslee came with us and we headed to St. George and then Vegas. We checked the weather doppler before we left and it looked pretty clear so away we went. All was well for about 1.5 hours into the drive until we hit a TERRIBLE snow storm. Scariest driving experience of my life, including almost rear ending a semi stuck in the snow SITTING in our lane on the freeway, then a semi sliding backwards down the hill on the ice in our lane on the freeway, ya that one was pretty scary, and then to top it all off, my car almost didn't make it up a hill. We were sliding back down and spinning out, I seriously was praying that we would please just make it up the hill. Obviously we did and we are all alive but it was VERY scary there for a couple of hours. When we watched the weather later that night the town we were near in the storm got more than six inches and I bet in the mountains where we were there was nearly a foot of snow that my Honda had to plow through! To our delight though after we made it past Cedar City we were greeted by SUNSHINE and LOTS of it. We had a great time in Vegas relaxing, walking our bums off, eating and swimming. Ella on the other had developed a weird cough that everytime she would drink some milk she would cough and the milk would come exploding right back out at us. She left her mark on several places in Vegas and all over me, her stroller, her blankets, her car seat and LOTS of her clothes. Luckily, I had packed extra but it was pretty slim pickings by the time we got home.
Overall we had a great time and i'm really sad that the week is already over. I didn't take very many pictures because I was a little pre-occupied by trying to anticipate when the next milk explosion might take place!
It was great to get away for a few days but it's also always great to get back home. I missed my Jacker man too much and although he drives me CRAZY some days I always can't wait to get home to see him! Him and his dad held down the fort at home and Grandma "nette" spoiled him rotten while Dad had to work! It was a great break and very appreciated!
Friday, March 19, 2010
Spring Break 2010
Posted by Ry, Katie, Jack and Ella too! at 1:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
You win on the fun and dangerous spring break week. Mine wasn't nearly as exciting but still good. So good news...I BOOKED MY TICKETS!! I am flying to Salt Lake on AA and will arive at 8pm (i know it is past your bedtime but do you still want to pick me up?) I have a special surprise for you!!
Also are beaded watch bands a big thing in Utah and do you have one?
Just curious. They are really catching on over here.
well let me know about everything!!
Oh I hate snowstorms! I'm so glad you guys made it safe and had a great time! I love that you get to have these special times with your mom! Hope Ella's cough is gone! :)
Post a Comment