Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What's Up??


Jack doing what he does best.... pestering his sister!

We haven't had anything exciting around here to blog about lately. I have just been busy doing homework and wrangling the two munchkins. Elk shed season is here so Ryan spends most of his time at work and then begging to go look for Elk. He loves looking for elk sheds for some silly reason and Jack was sure excited when his dad came home the other day with more "sharp antlers". It only took him 9 hours of hiking to get them. I know I wouldn't consider this a fun pastime but,I am happy to report that he has finally succumbed to the pressure from me and is selling a few of them on ebay. A VERY SLIM few but we will take what we can get.

Jack has been soaking up the sunshine the last few days and has spent many hours outside playing with the dog and getting into things. First thing this morning he dumped a whole pile of dirt on the bottom of the slide that was still wet with dew and then proceeded to slide down the slide. We were on our second outfit of the day by 9:30am! It is so funny to watch him and Pax outside playing because they are like best friends. When you look out the window they are always right by each others side! One more thing that this little precious boy has been up to is PEEING on my floor to PUNISH me! When he gets mad at me he tells me "I pee on your floor" and proceeds to do so. Seriously??? Did he seriously just do that? Yes he did! Twice in fact in one day. After making him rinse in cold water after he did it.... I'm hoping he will have learned his lesson!
He did his own makeup the other night while his dad was SUPPOSED to be watching him!

Little Miss Ella is just preparing to be a ONE year old! Can you even believe it? I sure can't. She is busy getting into things although she is not near as much of a handful as Jack was.... Or maybe I'm just used to it by now? I'm not sure! She still isn't walking.... not even close, but i'm okay with that because she's much slower on all fours than she will be when she can run! She is so cute.... she can say hi and wave at you and also waves goodbye. She also knows about cell phones and will put it up to her ear and say "Hi." How quickly they learn!!


We've been seeing a lot more of this around our house now that miss Ella has developed an attitude!

So in a nutshell.... nothing exciting is happening around here but I don't mind it!

4 comments:

J♥M said...

Oh Katie, I always enjoy your posts! It's fun to see what you're up to. Sorry about the peeing on the floor! So glad it wasn't something worse! Love the make up and the one with Jack just about to pester his sister is hilarious! Poor Ella! I just love that you can see what he's thinking! Too fun! Thanks for all your kind words! It means a lot! :)

Jenny Griffin said...

I LOVE the picture with Ella and her red hair bow. She's so stinkin cute. And I love reading your stories about the kids. You're such a great mom, Katie. Seriously.

Kenna said...

Rigdon peed on the floor too- all the time- the bathroom had to be totally cleaned several times a day and I even caught him peeing down the bathroom heat vent one day. I got to where I wanted to box him up and send him to China or just put him back in diapers. He couldn't have cared less about how made I go or even if I spanked him (not a huge spanker but come on) or but him in time out. I take it Jack just pees wherever and just when he's mad at you but what I found that worked wonderfully and might work for your apple juice addict as well, was to tell him if he peed on the floor he couldn't have any apple juice for the rest of the day. I struggled with him for weeks on this issue until I came up with that parenting genius! He was done that day (well not 100%- he's still a boy with the occasional poor aim but he's not doing it on purpose anymore) Hopefully Jack's over it but there's my two bits.

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how everything you talk about is going on at our house too! Jax just LOVES to pester his little sister and they both know how to push each others buttons! Good-luck and I love all the pictures!