Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Ridiculous


Can I just say... this weather is ridiculous! May 4th and it is so cold outside, windy and miserable! We went to Idaho last weekend and I packed spring jackets but no winter coats, so needless to say an hour after we got there I headed into the DI to buy winter coats for the kids. I did however stop at JcPenney's first and thought I could just buy a bigger size and use it for next year too but all I could find there was shorts and swimsuits! Duh, it is May... what was I thinking?? There was not a winter coat to be found in that whole store! And like a dope I forgot to take my camera and there were some great moments I should have had a picture of so I'm just going to have to write about them instead.
Friday we went to school with my mom and the kids have such a great time there. They were scheduled for a field trip to Wal-Mart so Jack got to hop on the short bus with all of the kids and go to the field trip. Ella and I followed in the car but Jack was so brave and just hopped right on the bus and off he went. He is growing up too fast! At Wal-Mart they gave them aprons and name tags and took them back in those doors that Jack always wants to go into but I tell him that's just where the workers work. He was in heaven, especially when they started handing out cookies, donuts and balloons. They also gave them a ring in the shape of a chicken but when Jack tells you about his trip it sounds like he says he got a chicken wing. But no, they weren't walking around the store munching on fried chicken! Saturday started bright and early with Jack throwing up. He is very wasteful and my mom had just given him a whole bowl of mandarin oranges and cottage cheese and of course he took one bite and wanted to be on his way. She told him he had to take a few more bites so like the obedient boy he is, (you can all laugh here) he took his bite, threw up, but continued to chew the remainder of his food in his mouth because he doesn't ever disobey! She felt really bad afterward that she had made him eat his breakfast! And if you aren't completely grossed out... continue reading... about 20 minutes later we were sitting around talking and Jack started trying to look down the back of his pants and in his underwear. I was like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" he matter of factly told me "Checking to see if my pooped!" Sure enough "my" had gotten diarhea and "my" had pooped himself! It was pretty funny despite the fact that he didn't feel good! Luckily he was feeling better by the end of the day but Sunday morning, right after breakfast Ella started the whole thing over again! So it was a fun filled weekend! I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that I don't get it! Ella learned a few fun new tricks this weekend. She still can't walk but she can tell you "Shhh" complete with the finger up to her lips and she tells you "five" and sticks out her hand! So there is our weekend in a nutshell... good and bad...

In the middle picture she is telling you "five!"

3 comments:

Hamblin Family said...

Good to see you too. Hope you had a great weekend. Please stop by next time.

Bateman's Latest Kill said...

Be mad at us for the pukes I sent Rylee to my moms with Nate and Jenny and she puked and now everyone has had it so so sorry. We need to play or swim sometime soon we havent seen you guys in so long.

J♥M said...

I agree...
Ridiculous!
I am so sorry that your kids have been sick and especially away from home! I hope that it missed you and that the kids are feeling back to normal! Sure wish the sun would come out and stay out!