

This weekend we were able to go to the cemetery and decorate my Grandpa Dalton's grave. Although I was deathly sick all weekend long, I still NEEDED to go and pay tribute and remember all that have given their lives and fought for our country. My Grandpa is buried up in the mountains in a very small cemetery with very few graves. It's always amazing to me when you go there on Memorial day to see how many people have traveled far to pay tribute and it's always neat to see all the flags whipping in the wind honoring those have given to our country. I know it may be disrepectful to some to allow kids to play on graves but I know my grandpa would prefer for the kids to have fun and make happy memories at his gravesite so Ella did just that and loved climbing all around his headstone. I am so thankful for these brave men and women who served our country and for those that are still serving for us today.
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Memorial Day
Posted by Ry, Katie, Jack and Ella too! at 3:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
I love your perspective and that you went when you were so sick! I think it's so cool that you let your kids play all over and around it. I'm sure your Grandpa enjoyed that! There is nothing greater than the love of little people!
Post a Comment