Monday, March 28, 2011

It's your Birthday.... Shout HOORAY!


Happy Birthday 2 our little Ella Rose! Our sassy but sweet Ella celebrated her second birthday last week and we are so excited we now have an excuse for her "terrible two" behavior! She is still in love with Minnie Mouse so we had a Minnie party and she was in heaven. It was so fun to see her eyes light up when she saw all the decorations.

Some facts about our little Missy right now...


She loves anything Minnie or Strawberry Shortcake (berry cake as she calls it!)

She has an attitude and often tells me she is going to spank my butt when she doesn't get her way!

I love the way she grabs both sides of my face and demands a "siss" and she doesn't settle for your cheek either... she wants to give you a smack on the lips!

She LOVES her daddy and her "jacker man!"

She is a scaredy cat and will always run to me screaming "scary Jack" whenever he is doing something she doesn't like!

She is full of sass one minute and the next she will bat those big brown eyes at you and be the sweetest thing you've ever seen!

Whenever she sees a deer much to her dads delight she yells " SHOOT deer!"

She is a streaker.... she will not not matter how much threatening I do.. keep her clothes on. Pj's zipped up backwards have been our saving grace at keeping her dressed throughout the night.

I used to think badly about parents who don't have socks and shoes on their kids when it's freezing cold out but.... I am now one of them.... as soon as she is loaded in her carseat... off goes the socks and shoes... immediately followed by anything I have placed in her hair! SO when you see us out and about and she doesn't have socks or shoes on and her hair is standing straight in the air... trust me I tried!


We just love her and have thoroughly enjoyed watching her grow and watching her sassy personality emerge! I can't believe she is already two and I am not quite ready to admit I don't have a baby anymore!


She took a swipe of the cake as soon as we got her close enough!

She loved her scooter she got from Grandma Rosie!


The Minnie Mouse cake!

Her Minnie Mouse decor! I am so thankful Hobby Lobby opened just in time! We were so lucky that Grandma Rosie got to be here for her birthday this year and Ainslee too! Great Grandma's and Grandpa's, Grandpa Keldon and Grandma "Nette", Uncle Cory, Aunt Julie, Lisa, and Jenny, Caroline, and Lynda also all came out to celebrate with Ella. She is so lucky to be loved by such an amazing family! She was thoroughly spoiled.... seriously... but she loved every minute of it and has enjoyed playing with all her new toys and snuggling with her new blanket and pillowcase! Thanks everyone for making her day so special and for loving our sweet girl!
As a bribe we told Jack if he sang Ella Happy Birthday he could blow out the candles too. It was so cute and he was such a trooper at having ALL the attention be on his sister and he can't wait until his birthday. He has already requested a fire starter (blow torch) on his birthday cake. (Have I mentioned he loves fire??) Not quite sure how I am going to manage that one!


2 comments:

J♥M said...

I'm so glad that she had a happy birthday!!!! Thanks for sharing her yummy Minnie cake with us! We call what Jack has birthday-itis. All my kids have it when it's not their birthday! I bought Ky a 7 sparkler for his birthday last week and it was a huge hit from Partyland. They have one for every number. It's close to a blow torch look, and has to be done outside. But you can't exactly blow out a sparkler! I love all your decorations! Looks like so much fun!!!
Happy Birthday Ella!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ella!
I think our two little ones are exactly the same! Although, ever since Lizi's birthday she now DEMANDS clothes-complete opposite of the day before!! She really keeps me on my toes!

I love all the decorations and good-luck with the 2 year old!