So I always read about all these fun Moms who celebrate with their kids by turning their food green and telling stories of Leprechauns who leave surprises and thought I would take part this year. Last night I started telling Jack about Leprechauns who come and do these silly things and he FREAKED! He insisted between hyperventilating breathes that he doesn't want any Leprechauns to come to our house or to touch his food. So needless to say..... we won't be doing anything fun to celebrate today.... well at least anything that involves Leprechauns!
About every 3 minutes he still asks me.... "Mom, you were just joking about Leprechauns right???"
Thursday, March 17, 2011
St. Patty's Day
Posted by Ry, Katie, Jack and Ella too! at 8:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Just tell him that they came to my house and Lucky brought us ice cream! Finding something unexpected is fun. The school is really good about celebrating the Leprechauns! One day he just might think it's fun! Too bad I didn't see this sooner to leave a surprise with a ding dong ditch! That would have been so funny... well maybe! I would hate to make a kid hyperventilate!
I've decided that being the "fun mom" rarely pans out the way I had in mind!
I think it was about two years ago that I made pink Valentine breakfast and all three kids looked at it and bawled and refused to eat it.
Chip had to ask what I was laughing at- I told him your life sounds so familiar.
Post a Comment