Tuesday, September 30, 2008

One Sick Little Boy

This past week we went to Idaho to stay with my Mom while Ryan went elk hunting with Cory. We arrived on Tuesday and Jack immediately started acting cranky and whiny once we arrived. It wasn't long before he went into full blown screaming at the top of his lungs nonstop. I knew something was wrong with him but we had just been to the dr the week before and he said it was nothing. After screaming all through the night and all morning on Wednesday I knew we had to go back to the Dr. He wouldn't eat or drink anything and couldn't swallow his own spit so I figured it was a problem with his throat. Not to mention that he had the nastiest breath I have ever smelt! I called my insurance and quickly learned that we were covered NOWHERE in Idaho but to go to the emergency room. While on the phone still with the insurance and debating whether to just drive back to Salt Lake they luckily found a clinic in Pocatello that they were contracted with so we would be covered. So Shawnae and I packed up Jack and headed out the door! After hearing him SCREAM for an hour on the way to Pocatello we finally were seen by a doctor who determined he did have strep throat. He gave Jack some antibiotics and sent us on our way. Luckily once we started the medicine Jack got feeling better really quickly! I hope we don't have another bad sickness for awhile because not only did Jack feel miserable but I felt miserable because there was nothing I could do for him. I have to say thank you so much to Shawnae for helping me out and driving us to Pocatello and not complaining too much about the ear ringing screaming and thanks to my Mom for letting me sleep during the day so I didn't turn into a sleep deprived monster!

1 comments:

Gina, Brandon, and Cooper said...

Poor little Jack, hope he is feeling better!!