Thursday, September 4, 2008

SILVER LAKE #2

Okay so Ryan made fun of me because apparently I wrote Silver Lake wrong on my last post so hopefully I got it right honey!

Last night we again ventured up to Silver Lake but this time I was a little more prepared. I dressed Jack in his old high water overalls and his too big hiking boots (you can't be picky about sizes when they are hand-me-downs!) so we wouldn't ruin anymore outfits.

Although when we got there though I was relieved to find that the rain had settled all the dust so Jack crawled and rolled through the dirt without hardly even getting dirty! This time though it was freezing and I was glad I had grabbed a jacket for myself too! It's amazing how much difference in temperature you could feel and it was only 5 days since we were there last time! Fall is here and I love it!

I had packed us a delicious desert of strawberry shortcake to enjoy up at the lake but after the lovely windy ride up again I wasn't feeling well and was doing my best just to keep my dinner down. So unfortunately Ry had to take the shortcake to work today and we didn't quite enjoy the picnic like I had planned! Luckily Ry let me know that it tasted delicious!
Jack and I had fun snapping a few pictures before the sun went down and just enjoyed the scenery while Ryan looked for wildlife. We had a great evening and I can't wait to do it again although Ry can we find a different location that doesn't involve windy dirt roads?


(I hate this picture of me but I couldn't resist Jack's cheesy smile!)

2 comments:

Kings said...

ah, that last picture is the best.

J♥M said...

We hope to see you at the churro stand soon! Cute pics! Yep...Jack's gonna be a hunter too!