So two weekends ago we decided once again to head to the cabin. We invited Ryan's sister and her husband to join us. They would have to leave a little later than us so we gave them directions and said if they didn't show up by a certain time we would come look for them. Well they didn't show up and we did go look for them.....
Read the whole story here...
Needless to say they had quite the adventure! So after we finally found them and we decided we were all ready for bed (which was close to midnight) we went outside to head to the new cabin to sleep. I opened the door and took a step out and Pax was right by my side. He immediately started barking and took off after something. I didn't want him to wake the kids so I yelled at him to stop and he did. We walked to the other side of the cabin and that's when the smell hit us.... he had been sprayed by a skunk! Oh man, I have NEVER smelt anything that bad! A skunk dead on the side of the road smells like a rose compared to the actually spray of a skunk. It smelled so bad! With no running water and freezing temperatures we didn't have many options. We had him roll in the snow drift several times but it did nothing for the smell. We were forced to sleep in the cabin with him reeking like a skunk! Luckily, after two days of running around outside the smell had kind of gone away by the time it was time to ride home in the car with him! When we got home we googled up some miracle recipe that is supposed to take the smell away but despite our best efforts he still has a slight stench to him. Although I must admit the peroxide/soda shower we gave him did wonders for his hair and he is looking mighty white and his hair is extremely soft! We may have to do it again just for how nice it made his fur! (Only kidding.... he hated his shower almost as bad as we hated having to give it to him!)
Overall it was a great weekend and we had a fantastic time. We went to the hot springs without kids and had so much fun laughing.
I can't wait to do it again!
BTW, my camera's battery died and this is the one and only picture I got of the entire weekend and I was bummed!




0 comments:
Post a Comment