Wednesday, February 9, 2011

New Years 2011

It was so cold but she wanted to stay outside so I let her and watched her through the window!!
Everyone gathered around the heater trying to get warmed up!

This would be the can that exploded. Literally exploded EVERYWHERE!


Some evidence that I really did do some work!
And the evidence that I really didn't do that much work!
Never too young to make them start working!
We would sled for a few minutes then our bodies would be numb and we would have to go warm up! It was so cold.... have I mentioned how FREEZING COLD it was??!!???
My cute and hardworking husband.
A shot of the masterpiece we are working on!
Ryan was great and pulled the kids around everywhere on their sled! It gets heavy with both of them on there!
Pretty sure she was contemplating eating the snow!
My sweet little Missy!
Jack sporting the hat Grandpa Keldon bought him for Christmas from Canada.
We had to wear our snowclothes the entire time even when inside so we didn't freeze!

So lets just rewind a bit....
We spent New Years at Yost working on the cabin and FREEZING our buns off. If you recall it was so freezing cold and let me tell you it was literally FREEZING in the mountains. It got so cold that I had accidently left a soda in the cup holder from our drive there and it froze and exploded EVERYWHERE! I had heard that could happen but seriously never believed it could really happen like that. Soda was everywhere throughout the entire van but luckily it never warmed up so I was able to just pick the ice chunks of soda off the seats and throw it out!
We had to really bundle up but it didn't stop us from sledding and playing in the snow! The boys did a lot of work framing the cabin and I did a little work but mostly just played with the kids! We had a great time and we love getting away for the weekends! We can't wait until our cabin is done! We may just decide to move there! :)

0 comments: