Friday, May 13, 2011

First Fish of the Season

Last night Ryan loaded up the kids and headed to the pond to do some fishing. I went for a small run and then met them over there to help out. They were doing pretty well when I got there but quickly things started going downhill. (pictures are off the cell phone so they aren't the best quality!)

This is where things went downhill.... Jack fell in the pond and got his pants soaking wet and his fishing pole was floating away. He got out of the water looked at me with his lip quivering and said "how did I get in there?" I just laughed because I honestly had no idea how he managed to fall into the water!



This was the only catch of the night and the hook caught him on his side instead of in his mouth so we were lucky we even got anything! Ella didn't care about how big it was... she was so excited and quickly voiced her displeasure when we had to put it back in the water!


While I was checking out the fish Jack decided he wasn't going to wear his wet pants anymore and took them off... not a big deal.... except apparently he didn't find it necessary to wear underwear today! So needless to say.... these little buns had to head home pretty quickly after his dip in the pond!



(BTW... he is picking up a rock not taking care of business!) :)









1 comments:

J♥M said...

Oh come on! You know you want to admit that ya all went skinny dippin in the pond! I'm so glad you shared the pic! Jack sure cracks me up!!!!