In the spring we always have a serious snail problem. Jack and Ryan usually take care of them by throwing them at the fence but it always makes me feel bad for the snails! A few weekends ago my sister and her kids stayed the weekend with us and I put the kids to work. It was still chilly out so I bundled them all up, gave them some bowls and told them to go gather snails. After they had gathered all they could find I told them to take them down by the pond and let them out at their new home. Before letting them all go they decided to have a snail race. By the time they were done they had gathered probably close to 100 snails. Those little things are so nasty and gross but it provided several hours of entertainment for the kids which I also throughly enjoyed!
This kid was FILTHY after her hours of playing outside but she had a great time and loves playing with her cousins!




1 comments:
I think that's the coolest idea I've ever heard! I love the snail race!
Post a Comment