Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Growing TOO fast....

I am far too aware at how fast my little muffins are growing up.... Jacker Man is my little bundle of ALL BOY and he loves playing tricks on people, making people laugh and plain old being a tease. Somewhere deep though he does have a sweet heart and can often be found rubbing my feet or my arms and asking me if I feel okay. It always makes me so happy when he finds his sweet side and shows it to me. The rest of the time he is the little terror as usual but we have grown to love his spunky attitude. He keeps us on our toes at all times! His recent loves are Angry Birds (which he is actually really good at), FIREWORKS, going to the cabin and doing art, (AKA making a mess!)

He comes up with the funniest things and I have to write this one down so I won't forget. We had been at Grandma Rosies for a couple of days and Jack and Grandma were out planting the garden. Jack is a curious boy and talks a LOT.... so grandma Rosie when he would talk had started just saying mmmmhmmmm, hmmm, mmmhmmmm and apparently he noticed. Finally he asked her Grandma? and she said HMMMM and he said "Why when I ask you a question to you just say MMMHMMM or HMMMM? Grandma Nette always says to me "YES, ANGEL!"


Apparently, Grandma Rosie wasn't giving him quite as much of her attention as he desired and he wanted to know why! This made us both laugh!



My little baby girl can often be seen cruising up and down the sidewalk on her bike a hundred miles an hour looking for her "friends." Since when did she get big enough to ride a bike and to have "friends?" Her attitude is growing just as quickly as she is and she can often be heard telling me "NO WAY" when I ask her to do something! I did recently realize where she has gotten this choice phrase from though and it is from her beloved cartoons! She loves to watch TV and after our camping trip she was definitely feeling deprived and was begging to watch a cartoon! My favorite thing about them growing up is hearing them talk to each other and carry on "adult" conversations while strapped in their carseats in the car. They can get quite heated in their conversations but most of the time they will talk to sweet to each other and it's fun to hear what their little minds are thinking about!

I want to try to remember how fun and sweet they are at each stage and try to forget about the little turkeys they can be most of the time! Most days they push all of my buttons and make me lose my cool more than once but I still love the little rascals. Motherhood is SOOO much harder than I thought but it is also very rewarding. Hopefully one day they will look back and only remember the fun good times that we have!



1 comments:

Kenna said...

Rig loves Angry Birds too- my mom was stuck on a level forever and he passed it in about five seconds. What are you supposed to do with that kind of talent? Let me know if you find something useful (preferably something that will lead to making lots of money someday)

And apparently the "growing up too fast" thing is going around.