Tuesday, November 1, 2011

City of Rocks and Pinenut Pickin

We decided to take advantage of the beautiful fall weather and head to the cabin one last time. Ryan wanted to pick some more pinenuts but Rosie and I insisted he was too late in the season. BOY were we wrong! He spent the whole weekend there picking them and came home with several garbage bags full! Jack loved "working" with his dad all weekend while Ella didn't enjoy it so much. She mostly just bawled about wanting to go back to "boppy's" house to watch a show. Overall we had tons of fun enjoying our last warm weekend of the year!


Can you spot waldo in the rocks?

They are so lucky to have such wonderful Grandma's that spoil them rotten!

She was mad and wouldn't walk any further so she plopped down in the path and pouted..... a common theme for Miss Ella.

Afterward we headed to the Almo Outpost for delicious dinner and dancing. It was too cute and I am sad I didn't get a picture but the famous "JR" was at the outpost performing that night and Ella kept the dance floor hot. The funny part was that she had ripped out the whole bottom of her pants on the rocks so her diaper was hanging out the back and she didn't mind.... she just kept getting jiggy! I on the other hand was a tad embarrassed because we all looked filthy! I even had to beg the waitress for several pats of butter because Ryan had so much pine sap on his hands he was sticking to everything. The butter worked like a charm to get it off! And to finish the day we headed over to the hot springs for a quick dip (and a bath!)
It was a wonderful weekend and I love spending time away with my family!

0 comments: