(LONG STORY but stick it out... I swear there is a purpose!) Let's back up just a bit because I haven't blogged about a very important weekend yet! Labor Day weekend the kids and I headed to the cabin to meet Grandma Rosie. I think Ryan went hunting or something... Just a guess!:) We were having a great time and had headed to the City of Rocks to show Jack for the first time. We packed a picnic and had a fabulous time eating and climbing the rocks. We packed up and were going to head out to go swimming at the hot springs when we got a few miles down the road Ella proclaimed "MOM, I've got poop on my fingers!" While driving I turned around looked and screamed... oh my gosh she really does. I immediately pulled over and began to clean up her blowout that was everywhere! Carseat was pooped, she was pooped, EVERYTHING was pooped. If you can imagine I pretty much used every wipe and cleaning utensil I could find. Once she was clothed again we headed out back towards the cabin. We got about 10 miles down the road when she now proclaims "Grandma, I sick." I once again turn around to find her completely covered in Puke! EVERYWHERE, oh my..... it was all over everything including in my purse. Great.... puke in my purse.... And if you recall I had already used every wipe I had! Luckily we had planned on going swimming so I had a couple of towels in the car that I managed to clean up the best I could admidst me gagging every second and cursing Ryan under my breath for not being here to help me! Luckily for my mother and for the emergency kit Grandma Annette had made us I was able to get it under control enough to resume our trip to the cabin. Once there I began scrubbing everything, the car, the carseat, my purse (which I finally just threw away along with the towels and everything else we had used!) After I got it all under control I started not feeling well.... I just knew I had what she had. I spent most of the rest of the weekend on the couch nauseated and sick. Luckily my mom took care of everything and I was able to just lay dying on the couch. I did muster up some energy to attempt to make them a hot dog... which lead to dry heaving and me immediately returning to the couch. At this point I knew something was up.... do you get where this is heading? Still feeling miserable I loaded up the kids for the drive home... all the while praying I would have no poop or puke to deal with on the 3 hour ride by myself! Once I was home and Ryan arrived home I'm pretty sure I gave him my sob story of how terrible the weekend was and how sick I was and then I broke the news to him that I thought we might need to go and buy one of these....
Turns out it wasn't the flu after all! It was POSITIVE! We are excited to be welcoming the last member of our little family in May. (I know that was a long story building up to this but hopefully you stuck through it!) We are happy. Grateful. And excited! Not to mention scared. Nervous and hopefully ready for this adventure!
Tuesday, November 1, 2011
Labor Day 2011
Posted by Ry, Katie, Jack and Ella too! at 10:11 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







5 comments:
I have been waiting for this post:) I couldn't be happier for you Katie, you are super mom and your swert children are so blessed! Congrats!
Congratulations!! Very excited for you guys.
Yay!! We can't wait.
OMG!!!! You are pregnant TOOO!!!! I am soooo excited for you guys :) You are the best mom and I love reading your blog. This is the bet post, well minus the poop and puke episode :) I can't wait to meet you new little one maybe one of these day we will get together with our growing families.
Congratulations!! Can't wait for updates on here, I need to start one of these blogs soon. Miss ya!
Oh my goodness!!!! Congratulations you guys!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!!
Post a Comment