I think I may have now been nominated and won the award for WORST mother of the year. Jack has had a cough for almost 2 weeks now but so have Ryan and I so I wasn't too concerned. I figured it was just a cold. Yesterday I just got the feeling that something else was wrong so I made an appointment with the Dr. We went yesterday afternoon and my son had a "RAGING" ear infection. Yep, those were the exact words out of the Dr's mouth. I think he thought I must be retarded that I hadn't picked up on the fact that Jack had an ear infection. Let me explain though that this kid really doesn't ever complain about being hurt. He never pulled at his ear or gave me any indication that he was in constant pain. He has though been acting like a TERROR the last few days but I chalked that up to getting close to turning two. (The behavior may or may not have had anything to do with the ear infection. Perhaps he really is just a monster- time will only tell!) SO long story short.... we started the antibiotics last night and he slept clear through the night! Wahoo... the best night of sleep I've had in a couple of weeks! Next time I won't wait so long to take him to the Dr and i'm sure the next time .... it will just be a cold!
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
You're not a bad mother! It happens! Not all kids act the same way nor do they respond the same way! Hopefully you're all feeling better today!
I had the same kind of day yesterday. MaKendrie was running a fever so I made an appt. (turned out to just be teething) When I made the appointment they were kind enough to point out in a disgusted tone that she was also very over due for a well baby check- yes, yes I know, I've been meaning to call- this also means she's behind on immunizations which the doctor made sure to have a chat with me about (these two probably really do qualify me for bad parenting). Then after feeling like a loser already I had to drop a paper off to an office in Burley. I parked infront of the door, jumped out and went to run it in and ended up getting lectured by some lady about leaving my kids in the car. This is not something I do because I'm sure some maniac is going to steal the van with them inside but this was a one second deal and I had them in my sights the whole time. By the time I got home I was feeling like a real winner of a mother!
Post a Comment