Friday, February 20, 2009

Happy UnBirthday Little Man


So Ryan sits up in bed this morning and proclaims that today is Jack's unBirthday! He officially turned 18 months old this morning. Ry is so weird with numbers and dates, he can tell you more about important dates in our life than I can which is unusual for a guy but it does come in handy! I figured that since he remembered I better document what our little guy is doing at 18 months. He loves to clean and can often be spotted carrying around the broom and dustpan. Over the past couple of warm days my driveway has been swept spotlessly! (If only he could actually get the dirt picked up and not just smeared around.) He also loves to vaccum and to wash my windows with baby wipes. His Grandma Rosie is a little concerned that he might aspire to be a janitor but whatever makes him happy .....right? He can tell you what most animals say and when we ask him at dinner if he wants a bite of chicken he proudly proclaims "Bawckkk Bawcckk." (or however you spell what a chicken says!) He knows several other words but mostly prefers to point at what he wants and scream "MAMA MAMA MAMA" until I come and get what he is referring to. I tell him to use his words and he usually sputters out something that sometimes resembles the item he is asking for. He loves playing on the slides and much to my dismay he now knows what a McDonalds is and begs to go there when we drive by. Don't worry about his nutrition though... he doesn't want to eat anything there, he only wants to stop in to play!



This is one of his new found favorite toys..... he likes to sit in this bucket and read his books. I tell him to go get in his boat and he hurries and jumps in. His favorite book is one about Grandmas that was produced probably in the 70's - 80's ...... I mean seriously check out the clothes on this kid and the boombox! He doesn't mind the fashion though and we literally read this book 30 times a day!

Overall we love (mostly) every minute with our little guy and I can't believe that he has already been a part of our family for 18 months! Where did that time go?

In other news..... I went to the dr yesterday and he asked me "Would you like to be induced a week early?" HMMMMMM.................... Let me think about it...... YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best question I have ever been asked! So we now have an official date of when she will be here unless she decides to come on her own will but I highly am doubting that prospect! Although now that I KNOW when she will be here it freaks me out just a bit. I all the sudden feel so unprepared and that I have a million things to do. I know it's only a week earlier than when she was due but the reality of it has finally started to sink fully in! So these last couple of weeks I plan on spending tons of time with Jack and going to do some fun things and trying to squeeze in some time to clean my house. If the later part fails, my Mom is coming the weekend before I have Ella and I'm sure she would love to help me clean. (or just do the work for me!!) Love you Mom!

3 comments:

The Fabicks said...

Happy unbirthday, Jack!! I can't belevie that you are 18 months already...that is crazy! Katie, good luck with the rest of your pregancy and getting everything you want done in time! I can't beleive your little princess will be here soon. I am excited to "meet" her. I still have not forgotten about you guysand am trying to figure out another time to come see you. :O) Miss you guys!!

Gina, Brandon, and Cooper said...

Happy unBirthday big guy! I cannot believe how big Jack is getting, he is looking so much like Ryan. He is such a cutie! So what is your new due date! I am so excited for you!

Aubs said...

Happy unbirthday Jack! He is getting so big. What a cute kid. What a great quality -to want to clean. I hope it sticks-life will be a whole lot easier for you if he does. I've watched him out my window the last few days as he swept & played. I so wanted to come join in but it is still too cold for Cade to come out.