Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Dress

This weekend at my mom's house she convinced me that I could sew a dress and that it wasn't that hard so I attempted it. First attempt..... Dress was big enough to fit Jack! Second attempt.... (luckily bought extra material)we used the newborn size (pattern sizes were so off!)and it almost fits. Still a little big but she has a few months until time to wear it. First sewing experience.... not too bad.... please just don't make fun of her when she wears it!


It took Jack some convincing to try the dress on because Ella was asleep and we had to see how it looked on. He was not a fan.... UNTIL I showed him how dresses can twirl and THEN he didn't want to take it off! (Don't worry I think his manlihood wasn't harmed.... he told me this morning he wanted to shoot some deer!)

2 comments:

Kenna said...

Now you'll have to have another one pretty soon so Ella can have a sister to wear the second dress and she can be twinners in the first!
Cute dress, way to go!

J♥M said...

How fun! What a great job you did!