Once again it was time for all of us to gather in the hills for our annual family reunion. We go all out and spend an entire weekend camping and mingling with all the relatives. It's a good thing it's always far away up the mountain because we usually cause quite the ruckus when our whole family gets together. I think they counted almost 100 people there this year and I think Ella was the youngest in attendance. We had a great time seeing all the new babies and getting to see some family that this is the only time we get to see them! We were going to brave it in a tent but luckily I ran into my Aunt Jan at Wal-Mart the day before we were leaving and she graciously offered us her tent trailer to use. It was a lifesaver. Even with that we still froze and Jack didn't sleep very well but without it would have been a disaster. Ella was a trooper and slept clear through the night. We had her wrapped snug as a bug and she must have been super comfy to sleep that long. Jack of course loved roasting marshmallows and playing in the dirt. Hopefully next year the reunion will be a tad bit easier since the kids will be a little older. The best part of it all though was when about 5 of us girls ventured off onto a walk into the trees and bush to find a "restroom" and of course Jack had to follow. We all spread out behind a tree and started doing our business when I looked up and Jack was standing there taking notice of everyone and started trying to pull down his pants and then he would squat down. He had no idea what we were doing but he couldn't resist joining in on the fun! Wish I could have gotten a picture of it! It may be a crazy family but I'm sure glad I'm a part of it!
Emma, Okie, Hunter, Hannah and Jack - Sporting their reunion shirts and dirty faces!
The Roses: Rosalie, Ainslee Rose, Katie Rose and Ella Rose
Uncle Tony, Ryan and Jack
She was so warm in her cute little pink bear suit!
Ella taking a nap in style in the tent trailer.
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Brackenbury-Durfee Reunion 2009
Posted by Ry, Katie, Jack and Ella too! at 3:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
I am so glad that Ella was a good trooper and she was able to come. I was so happy to get to see her, she is absolutely adorable. That is so cute about Jack squatting. Yes, you definately needed a picture of that one!
Post a Comment