Monday, June 29, 2009

Thomas the Train Disaster

He only looks nice and friendly.
See the hole in the back of the train. Ya, that's the one!
One night Jack insisted that Thomas had to go to bed with him and I was exhausted so I thought "whatever" and let him take it to bed. Taylor, Lee and I stayed up awhile longer watching TV and trying to get Ella to sleep. About 30 minutes later I hear some whining and ruckus but just ignored him because that's what we always do when he doesn't want to go to sleep. It went on for two or three minutes and then silence so I knew he had gone to sleep. I went in to check on him before I went to bed to cover him up and take thomas out of the playpen. Well I got him all covered but I couldn't quite get thomas out of his hand. I tried to open his fingers thinking he just had a tight grip on him but then I noticed that he had stuck his finger through the hole on the back of the train and it was STUCK TIGHT. I pulled him out of bed and ran into Lee asking for help. He gave it a few tugs and then we realized this wasn't going to come loose without some assistance. First thing I thought of was butter so Lee grabbed the butter and we lubed the finger and Thomas and with a few more hard pulls it finally came loose. Jack was pretty upset by the time we got it unstuck and I worried how I was going to get him back to sleep. I put him in the playpen and told him I would get him a sippy but he looked at me rolled over and started snoring. I'm not sure he ever even fully wokeup throughout the whole ordeal! But never fear. The finger is still fully functioning. We were driving home and Jack kept yelling "Dad, Dad, Dad" so Ry finally turned around to look and he had both fingers shoved up his nostrils and thought it was such a great trick! I have a funny feeling that this won't be the only time we witness this situation!

(just ignore random letters below!)


Seriously do they come any cooler than this?

2 comments:

Bateman's Latest Kill said...

Funny now but I bet you were panicked at the time. Rylee shoved nerds up her nose once it was great.

The Fabicks said...

I am so glad that Jack's finger is OK. I am sure that was scary but he is a real trooper to just whine about it and then fall asleep. I think if my finger was stuck so tight I would be SCREAMING!!

P.S Congrats to Mistie and family! She is a cutie and looks like Avery :)