Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Grand Finale

So our trip was almost over and we were sorta of sad to have to be flying home already. But what we didn't know was that our trip was about to be extended. We boarded the plane in DC and promptly pulled out to the tarmac. That's about all the further we got for about 4 hours! We sat in the plane and waited and waited and waited as the worst thunder and lightning storm I have ever seen commenced outside! After about 45 minutes of waiting I knew we were going to miss our connection in Chicago and after having my sister check online I knew we would be spending the night in Chicago. We finally made it to Chicago at around 11:30pm and I quickly hopped off the plane to get in line first to make arrangements to get home. Luckily since I was first in line we were able to hop on a flight leaving for vegas. I figured we might as well get as close to home as we could instead of just sitting in the airport and then having to take the flight in the morning. We arrived in Vegas a little before 2 am and we had a choice to make. Our flight the next morning was leaving at 6:40 and us being the cheapskates we are we decided a hotel wasn't worth it for a mere 3-4 hours. So camping out it was. A nice guy who was cleaning the airplane brought us out a case of Diet Coke and a whole bunch of airline snacks which we were thankful for because NOTHING was open in the airport! We, along with a few other women who had also missed their flights settled in to wait for the next flight out. We sat for a few minutes and quickly got bored and these started calling our names...
Like I said, i'm cheap so I don't usually like this kind of thing because I think it's a waste of money but let me tell you... you can play a long time on the nickel machines before you have spent much money! That entertained us for a good 45 minutes and then we spent the rest of the night watching movies, laughing, drinking gallons of diet coke and trying to catch even a wink of shut eye on the hard as rocks airport floor! Needless to say we didn't get much sleep but we had a great time and we made it home the next day without a hitch!

Dang benches at the airport had armrests all along them. Guess they didn't want to make it too comfortable to just hang out at the airport!

Ainslee, slurping up some caffeine since we all knew we wouldn't be getting any rest!

This was Taylor representing us being homeless.

Ella and I.... she didn't mind sleeping at the airport.

We all needed a little cup of Joe (okay some hot cocoa) to get us going the next morning at 6am!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun... Okay, maybe just a good memory!

E-mail me you I can invite you to my blog. conley0463atyahoodotcom

Gina, Brandon, and Cooper said...

Oh my gosh, what a rough time coming home. Ella looked like a fabulous little trooper!!

Kristy said...

oh my goodness....I totally forgot that we were expecting babies around the same time!! Your litle ELLA is adorable!! Congrats.

Hey, where did you get that cute baby sling your wearing at the airport. I need one of those!!!