Tuesday, August 4, 2009

It's Fair Time!


(click on the collage to enlarge it to see the pictures better!)
We went to the Minidoka County fair when we were in Idaho and Jack loved seeing all the animals. Some nice girl gave him an upclose look of her chicken that she had just got done showing. I felt a little like a scene out of Napoleon Dynamite as we watched the kids "show" their chickens and turkeys and then we got a tasty funnel cake and played and ate on the tractors. I love being able to give my kids a little taste of the country life when we go home to Idaho. I loved going to the fair growing up and showing my cows. For all you city people showing your cow involves spending all summer walking your cow and teaching them to stop with their legs in certain positions when they stop. It also involved washing and grooming your cow so they were sparkling clean. Yeah, I told you it sounds a little weird but I have great memories of doing it! I can't wait to take the kids to the Cassia fair in a couple of weeks. MMMMM.... I can taste the maple bars already!





Jack was much to busy eating his cake to be bothered with taking a good picture so in most of these his mouth is shoved full of funnel cake!

1 comments:

Gina, Brandon, and Cooper said...

Oh my gosh! Ella is getting so big and soooo cute-I love her big 'ol smile. I just want to kiss those precious cheeks. So you are going to go to the fair? I was thinking about it, now I might have to so I can see Ella!