Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Emma


Last Saturday we celebrated Emma's birthday a little early. We wouldn't all be in town on the actual day so we decided that we would party early. She wanted to go to the Kangaroo Zoo so that's what we did. I thought for sure there would be a million and a half kids there on a Saturday but surprisingly NOBODY was there. We were practically the only ones. I didn't take my camera there so no pictures of the kids enjoying it but it's not like I would have been able to take some anyways. Ella was in the middle of her Ear Infection drama and I didn't know it yet and she was one cranky baby. We bounced all around the place. Not on the toys but me bouncing her all around trying to get her to quit SCREAMING! Poor little girl was really sick so we didn't stay too long. Back at my house we had made Emma some cupcakes and decorated the house for her party. She was so excited and all the kids ate several cupcakes!


Okie loved the cupcakes too!

Jack was in heaven....

The cakes....

All the kids.... Hunter, Hannah, Emma, Okie, Jack and Ella

Jack COULD NOT wait for Emma to blow out her candles!

Ella did her best to enjoy the party too.

Emma's birthday is always a little special to Ryan and I because she was born on our fourth date. When he picked me up that night five years ago(I was living with my sister at the time) Mandy told me that she thought she was going to have the baby that night. She was like 6 weeks away from her due date so I told Ry she was a hypochondriac and lets go on our date. We were up in the mountains having a picnic and our phone kept ringing but we kept ignoring it because we were having fun. Turns out Mandy was at the hospital and by the time we got off the mountain I barely made it to the hospital in time to see her born. So it's always a good reminder when it's Emma's birthday of how long Ryan and I have been together! Happy Birthday Em!
One of my favorite pictures ever.... Hunter, Hannah and Emma.

Me getting ready to go watch the surgery. SO SO glad I didn't have to have a C-Section after watching one!

Me and Em.

1 comments:

Jenny Griffin said...

I love the b-day party pictures, the cupcakes turned out WAY cute.