Thursday, January 8, 2009

Oh NO-

I've officially turned into one of those mothers who will buy their kid anything to avoid a fit in the store! Last night we went to kid to kid really quick to see if they had any cute headbands for the baby. (by the way- they do sell brand new ones that are cute for cheap!) Unfortunately we didn't have the stroller which equates to not a fun shopping experience with Jack. He did quickly though key in on one of those little push toys that make the pop pop pop annoying sound. When it was time to go he insisted that it was going with us. He had a white knuckle death grip on the thing and I think the people at the store already hated me because I had let him push it around so we just bought the dang thing. I would have preferred to just pay a few more dollars at a regular store and get one that wasn't all scratched up but Jack had other plans. So we are now the official owners of one of those toys I swore I would never let my kid have! It's so annoying and he won't put it down- it has to sit next to him at the table and he drags it up and down the stairs wherever he goes! But oh well anything to avoid that kicking and screaming fit leaving the store that I used to think " Gosh, can't you control your children." So I have officially joined the ranks and it's great to be a member of the team!Now isn't this just the biggest smirk of "ha ha I got it!"Eating his lunch with his new toy parked right next to him!Just a few more pictures that I have been meaning to post.Jack and Avery on our trip to Idaho. I know I was crazy to attempt driving three hours with these two but they did great and this is how they traveled most of the way!Jack loved playing play doh at Emily's house yesterday! Thanks for having us over!

Our little "peeping tom." Better watch the crack when you're going to the bathroom when Jack's around!


And one last thing- We went out to eat last night at Cafe Rio and Jack was pulling the funniest faces while he was eating a lime. Of course by the time I got my camera out he was done but he did give us some good "cheeses." Oh how I love this little turkey!

7 comments:

Jenny Griffin said...

OH Katie..

This is the CUTEST post! That picture with the playdoh and the video! Sometimes I wonder if it's possible to love this kid anymore and POOF you post something like this! :)

Congrats on 4 years! We're so happy you are part of our family! Thank you for bringing us such happiness with who you are and your cute little boy! Can't wait for Ella, Bella... the baby girl!

shawnae said...

Its about time you fessed up to being a "I will give my kid anything to shut him up" mother. I always knew you were one of us but was waiting for you to admit it...Oh and by the way...there is so much more to come because believe it or not, it can get worse!!!!!!

Aubs said...

Hey we've all done it before. I am gulity of it too. I love the smirk of happiness on his face. That is my favorite toy ever! (not really) We have one my mother in law bought us. It sits at the top of the closet & sometimes comes down. I don't think they should make toys that don't have on & off buttons.
Hey we are starting playgroup at the church again. Wed. 10-11:30. Come on over & let the kids run around & get their energy out. I'm sure Emma would like to play with some girls her age.

Cederberg Family said...

When we go shopping at Smith's we buy Regie a balloon. I know its giving in, but it helps us get through the store. So I understand!!! What a cute kid you have!!

Gillett Family said...

That's to funny i would say every mom has become part of that club rather we wanted to or not :)and it only gets funner!!! Darn kids j/k :) you should check out babyblossom.bis, they have really cute headbands and bows. good luck with the lil boy! :)

J♥M said...

I love the video! He does beat a Gerber kid any day!! I love how you can see his teeth! And I love how you gave in! Way to go! Somedays ya gotta pick your battles!

Em said...

so I have finally been on the blogs and read some. Yours... is... AWESOME!! Your life is soo fun. Jacks room is so cute, and your christmas looked fantastic. I love your look back on the year, definately made me think. and Really Congrats on the 4 years!! YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL!! oh I didn't get to vote, and I know its too late but I like Sophie, or Lillie? anyway thanks for hangen with me it was so good to see you.