Sunday, December 21, 2008

Jolly Ole' St. Nick

Yesterday we set out to do a little Christmas shopping and then to go to Cabela's to see Santa. We shopped in Target for 30 minutes or so and came out to find a flat tire. Needless to say our plans were quickly changed. Instead of going to see Santa, Ryan's mom and sister came and rescued us so we didn't have to sit at the tire repair store for 2 hours! We instead joined them for lunch and a little shopping at Costco. So today I was DETERMINED to get Jack to see Santa and this was our last chance. We loaded him up and headed to Cabela's.
He waited patiently in line for 5 minutes.

But right as it was almost our turn.... he could wait no longer. He wouldn't wait for the people ahead of us to vacate Santa's lap so I had to hold him back. Unfortunately this didn't start out our visit on Santa's lap on a good note!
By the time it was his turn he was MAD that I had made him wait. Santa wanted me to just hold Jack on my lap and then both of us sit on his lap but I figured the old man's knee probably had a weight limit so we cut our visit short! Jack and Santa did finally become friends though when he offered Jack a candy cane which he loved.He didn't even bother for us to take off the wrapper before he started munching away! Overall we had a great visit with Santa and I can't believe next year we will have two kids to drag along and torture by making them go see Santa!













2 comments:

J♥M said...

The things we do for fun! He sure is cute!

Bateman's Latest Kill said...

Don't be shy hop on board he survived me and Rylee. Although I was trying really hard to huver the whole time.