Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

We had a great and BUSY thanksgiving weekend! We spent turkey day at my Grandma Myrna's house and enjoyed some delicious grub and had fun just visiting with everyone. We swung into Pocatello to do a little shopping on the way home much to Ryan's dismay. Despite his protests all us girls enjoyed a little shopping! We usually go shopping on black friday but since these days i'm having a hard enough time getting up at 7am the thought of 3am was just too much to handle. So instead we slept in and then while Ryan went shed hunting with a friend all us girls and Jack went to the matinee. Jack was so good the last time we went to the movie- but lets just say this time he was a terror. I think I got to see 3 minutes of Twilight and I had been waiting and waiting to see it. Oh well, the joys of motherhood I guess.... instead I got to enjoy the lobby of the Century Cinemas where Jack tried his hardest to break into the atm machine and to help the girls cook more popcorn. Luckily I did get to enjoy some pop and popcorn while I waited so it wasn't a complete bust! Saturday we loaded up and went to the cabin for our annual Christmas party. This is the only time that we get together with my mom's side of the family to celebrate Christmas so it is always a good time. While I was helping with party preparations my mom took Jack to cook a marshmallow. She handed him the Mallow but didn't give him the stick fast enough. He proceeded to try and cook it on his finger! By the time I caught up to them he had cooked several marshmallows and was wearing most of them. After he rubbed his grimy hands in the dirt he was filthy. I can't even explain the amount of dirt this kid had caked on his hands but he was having a great time and didn't want help from anyone! It was a great weekend and I can't wait to spend this Christmas with Jack.
Jack, Grandma Rosie, and me.Jack wasn't interested in getting in our family picture. He was too busy roasting marshmallows.This is the fit that resulted if you even tried to "help" him with his stick.Who needs snow to enjoy a little sled ride?My brother Trevor and my neices Ainslee and Taylor.Jack enjoyed playing barbies with the girls.Jack and Ryan decorating the animal tree outside the cabin.

I know this was an extremely long post but I didn't want to forget anything. Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Mindy said...

I still think he is a cutie. I have survived my own little man -- that sounds alot like yours. :) He is six now, and is much more enjoyable!
Hope everything is going well for you!

Aubs said...

sounds like a fun weekend with the family. Your oldest niece looks alot like you. I would have guessed she was a sister.

Bateman's Latest Kill said...

Jack you can come play dolls and barbies any day at our house we won't tell your daddy.

Gina, Brandon, and Cooper said...

I don't think you missed much with Twilight, I was disappointed (left Cooper home with Brandon and me and my mom went-that worked really well!)