Saturday, January 2, 2010

Love one another.....






At times Jack loves his little sister and they can be so cute together. He at other times is very mean to her. I know it's mean but I was at my last resort and a few days ago I told him if he hit her again I was going to put hot sauce on his tongue. It wasn't long before he took his first punch at her. I immediately took him in the kitchen and sprinkled some pepper on his tongue. The first time he was very willing and stuck out his tongue. The next day he once again was mean to Ella so I told him he had to have hot sauce. This time he wasn't as willing. I'm happy to report that it's been three days since his last hot sauce treatment and he hasn't punched her since! All I have to do is look at him and tell him I have the pepper and he immediately starts being nice to her again. Hopefully this isn't considered child abuse because it has worked like a charm!

2 comments:

J♥M said...

I've done that too if it helps you feel better. A pediatrician recommended it. Unfortunately they love peppers and don't mind hot sauce now. Coconut Lime Verbena foam soap from Bath and Body Works works great too. It's totally nasty! It's hard to go from having all mom's attention to having to share, plus it's the age. I'd like to think that anyway. :) You're a wonderful mom!

Kenna said...

Hmmm... might have to try that. I love how the person above says it's the age- I'm hoping it's her oldest and she just hasn't learned yet that mostly it's part of being a boy and they are just naturally butheads sometimes (that's what I've taken to calling Rig lately, a buthead- not to his face though!) Maybe it's just mine though, maybe some grow out of it. Really, who are those people that say boys are easier to raise?