Tuesday morning we got a surprise a little after 1 am. Of course, Ryan and I were sleeping like logs when we were both awakened by an EARTHQUAKE. Yes, you read it right.... an earthquake. What??? This is supposed to only happen in the movies and to people in California! Luckily, it was a relatively small one measuring a 2.9 but it was still enough to shake our entire house and to wake us all up from a sound sleep. I was FREAKING out and Ryan acted as if we experience earthquakes all the time and that it wasn't that big of deal. I'm glad it was a small one but it scared me enough to re-evaluate our 72 hour kits and our food storage just in case this was just a practice run for a big quake or another emergency! So.... off to Wal-Mart to stock up on some more food items.... I just LOVE that store (insert sarcasm here!).....
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Crazy! I must say that I think it would have been much different of an experience if it'd happened during daylight than to waken from a deep sleep! I hope to never be that scared again! I hate/love wal-mart too!
Post a Comment