Saturday, July 5, 2008

A Camping we will go...





Daddy and Jack at the lake!


This weekend we ventured out with Ryan's family for a little camping adventure! This was Jack's first attempt at camping and I think he had a great time. Aside from hearing "no" about a million times as he tried to eat dirt, sticks, rocks, grass or anything else you can think of he had fun going on hikes and playing with all the cousins! We arrived at the camp on Friday and right away went and tried out a challenge course that indeed proved to be challenging! You had to scale about 30 feet up a tree and then cross over a tight rope about 50 feet before repelling down another tree! My legs were literally shaking as I waited my turn but I surprised even myself that I attempted the climb and actually suceeded in doing it! We played several intense games of Sequence and then some games of horseshoes and had a great time! During one intense game of Sequence a deer walked through our camp and of course Ryan had to drop everything to track it down. He managed to get within about 15 feet and got some cool pictures of the deer and I of course got some cute ones of Jack too! Don't mind his hair and the dirt on his face!<

Ya that's me scaling that wicked thing!



Ryan and his Grandpa Frisby

I wish all our deer trophies could be pictures!

1 comments:

Bateman's Latest Kill said...

Sounds like you guys have been having a fun summer we love being outside too.