Jack watching a little Einstein on the plane! Best $100 investment we ever made!
After the puking incident I was prepared for a wild ride to Providence. Luckily everything went smoothly and we made it to Providence without a hitch. Jack enjoyed watching Baby Einstein on the plane and LOVED the walking escalators at the Minneapolis airport. We got our rental car, found our hotel, and went out for a bite to eat. We did some shopping...and then settled back at the hotel for the night. Since I was staying with a friend once we got to Nantucket we didn't bring a playpen because she already has one. This did mean though that we had to spend the night at the hotel with Jack roaming free. He has never slept on a bed or out of his crib ever so he wasn't quite sure what was going on. I built him a bed on the floor right where I was sleeping on the couch and circled him with suitcases to try to contain him. After having my lips pulled and fingers stuck up my nose for 30 minutes I realized this wasn't going to work. My Mom came up with a great plan and we quickly put it into action. Now it probably looks and sounds bad but it worked like a charm. We turned the table over, put it next to the tv stand and blocked the other side with an overturned chair. I made him a soft little bed put him in and not 2 minutes later he was asleep. Unfortunately I didn't get any sleep because I checked on him every 20 minutes but the little stinker slept like a baby!
Getting ready for bed.
The first cage I made.. he slept in it for about 1 minute.
The world's best improvised crib!
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Day one of our Adventure
Posted by Ry, Katie, Jack and Ella too! at 9:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment