Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thankful....??!!??


We have had a rough couple of days around here and I am starting to question my skills as a mother. Tuesday Ella licked the toilet bowl cleaning wand that her brother so lovingly supplied for her. Wednesday Jack fell down our entire flight of STEEP stairs. I was right behind him and watched the whole thing but there was nothing I could do to stop it. It was terrible but luckily I think he was more scared than hurt at all. Today to top it all off Ella takes a bit slice out of her hand. I don't even know what she cut herself on I just suddenly found myself covered in blood and went searching for the culprit and found her hand gushing blood. It wasn't a bad cut and she wasn't even crying about it but it was really a bleeder. She was playing with toys in a wicker basket while I was taking Jack to the bathroom so the only thing I can suspect is that she sliced it on the basket. Who knows..... but I will give it a thorough investigation before she plays with it again!

Needless to say.... I am having a hard time thinking of what to be thankful for today. I guess I can be thankful that the toilet bowl wand was fresh and hadn't been used yet. I can be thankful that Jack didn't break an arm on his journey sideways down the stairs. I am sure these won't be the last times my munchkins get hurt but seriously can I not have a day to recoup between them?

And I can sure tell you what I am not thankful for...

Ella LOVES them and would eat them all day if I would let her. But that little line on the front of the package that says "NOT MESSY" is a fib. I did her white load of laundry yesterday and 3 of her nice shirts are ruined with a nice little orange stain around the neck! I have scrubbed, laundered, soaked, sprayed and begged for these to come clean but to no avail.

2 comments:

J♥M said...

Some days are a real challenge and we have to be grateful that bedtime does come eventually and that it's a new day to start over tomorrow hoping it's better. That makes for a rough day! Steep stairs and wicker baskets can be cruel. I'm glad there were no broken bones and no stitches! I think you're a great mom!

Julie said...

Katie... you ARE a great mom! Those pictures of Ella are adorable! Let me know if you need any nursing interventions :).